Pine Cone Wreath


This past holiday season, my daughter and I made our first wreath. A pine cone wreath. Over the summer she had collected quite a few pine cones for the patio.We decided to put that to good use...




My objective was to use things I had at hand...not buy anything new. In retrospect, I really would not have used these leaves or any leaves at all...


First started of with making the basic frame. I twisted floral wires to form an almost circular frame.


Now, each of the pine cones need to be prepped to be tied to the frame. I twisted gold craft wires around the base of the cone and twisted the ends.



 



After reinforcing the frame with more twisted wires, I wrapped the frame with green floral tape.


Here's the part I could have skipped. Looking at the end product the leaves made no difference. I should have used bigger leaves, pine needles or none at all.


I started twisting in the pine cones. Alternating one inside the frame and one outside gave it a 'full' look.


At this point, make sure you hold it up and fill any gaps with smaller pine cones.


Then we added some ribbons. And drizzled silver sparkle.


Finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...