Red Carpet Inspired

It's a good thing Big Sister's birthday is towards the end of February. Sometimes, when I run out of imagination of what kind of dress I want to make for her, birthday or not, I turn on the TV.

So for her second birthday, I got this really nice fabric from Ikea. It's actually the Lill sheer curtain panel. I just loved the way it fell. Also for the inside, I bought a very soft satin pearl white satin. I wanted to use both these fabrics and their weight effectively.

I stumbled onto this dress worn by Ariel Winter at SAG awards that year.


And this is what I ended up making.






I had always wanted to try a bubble bottom dress, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Also added some texture to the top...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...